Monday, February 27, 2017

Romans 6:16


If I obey sin, then I am a slave to sin.  If I obey God, than I am a slave to righteousness.  I’m only able to be a slave to one of the options though, and I’d rather it be God.  There is nothing in the world of sin for me.  Sin leads to death, while God leads to life.  Not just life on earth, but everlasting life of which I am in my creators presence.  Being a slave to God, doesn’t necessarily mean I am going to have a great life on earth, but God will provide for my needs.  If I am a slave to sin, I will have fun, but only for a season.  The joy of serving the Lord is everlasting.  Serving the Lord is tough, but to spend an eternity with God is worth every moment of earthly toughness.  The toughness of serving the Lord gives me character.  Serving the world gives me nothing, but waste, vanity.  It’s as if dirt is blowing in the wind.  It means nothing.  I would much rather have character than dirt.  When one serves God it’s amazing how God can use them and for what reason blows my mind too.  I’m going to Uganda, I’m in Guatemala, I don’t deserve any of this.  I am an awful human being, I am dirt, but God for whatever reason chose me to be His vessel only because I was willing to submit to Him.  I wasn’t even fully submitted, I was just willing and then He worked on me.  I am probably not 100% submitted yet, but I am working on laying myself down.  I have to allow God to pin me and for me to just lay there and allow Him to be God.  I feel sometimes I know better, but He’s God so obviously He knows better.  So today I will pray for submission.  That I will allow God to work in my life and just be God, that He will have complete control over me like a horse and the bridle.  I want God to be my jockey and point me in whatever direction He pleases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment