Monday, February 13, 2017

Philippians 4:11
Whatever state I’m in, I’m to be content.  Whether I’m rich, whether I’m poor.  Whether I have no arms or no legs, if I have no friends, no family, no body near me.  If I am dying of cancer, if I just won the Tour de France.  I’m to be content.  It’s not easy to be content in good or bad times both.  If I have no money, I want money.  If I have a million dollars it’s not enough.  I hate it.  I hate my flesh.  I hate that constant want for more, I crave more things in my life.  More money, more friends, more junk that I don’t need.  Paul says it though.  I have learned.  Which means I’m not too deep in my constant want of more junk to learn to be content.  Look at the life of Paul, he was on top.  He was the Super Jew, but then he went from top to bottom.  My hope and prayer is that someday I will learn this contentment.  That I will no longer want random useless junk in my life.  Today I will pray that I may learn this contentment in life.  I want to be content so God can better use me in life for His use.  If I find myself in the state of wanting more, I will back away from the situation and pray that God fixes my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment