Monday, February 27, 2017

Ephesians 5:21
What does it mean to submit?  Webster says to accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.  We know that yielding to this force is yielding to God, but what about the other person?  That’s the harder one.  Submitting to God we know He will do nothing to harm us, only to prosper us.  He knows what we need and will provide it, if I need to be humbled He will do so.  Praise be to God for that too.  On the other hand though is people.  People can really suck man.  Talk about a tough commandment.  We are called to submit to others because we’re all equal at the cross.  In this submission we are to serve people no matter what person and no matter what they do.  I mean the perfect example is Jesus.  First of all He’s God and for whatever reason He decided to come down to earth just to serve.  Doesn't make any sense to me in my carnal mind, but He is God so He knows best.  He not just came down to serve, but He served the unrighteousness.  He served the dirtiest of the scum of the earth.  Christ washed the feet of Judas, He knew Judas was in the process of betraying Him.  It wasn’t a surprise, yet He showed him love still.  Yet He submitted to Judas still.  He put Himself under Judas.  Wow.  I mean if I knew I had a friend, and we become super close.  Like living together and walking together for like three years everyday.  Then one day he would sell me out for something I never did for like a fifty dollar bill.  I would be pissed.  I would definitely not be washing that dudes feet.  I for sure would not submit.  I would think of myself so much higher, but I’m not.  We’re all equal at the cross.  I have to keep that in my mind while witnessing and serving and just my daily life.  I am the lowest of the earth.  I am a wretch, but at the cross I am the same as kings.  So today, I will submit to all.  I will serve if someone needs it.  If someone is struggling with their bag on the 600 stair hike, I will carry it for them.  Not in my glory.  It won’t be a, “Hey look at Micah, he has five peoples bags on him, he is so good.”  No it will be all for God and out of submission towards my classmates.  I will be submitting towards all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment