Monday, February 27, 2017

Ephesians 6:1+Colossians 3:20


Children are told to obey their parents, in the Lord.  The key is to obey in the Lord.  If my parents tell me to do something unbiblical I’m not called to obey them then, which we saw in Acts 5:29.  To obey my parents.  I’m not under my parents roof at the moment so it’s not really that easy to obey them, but I am under the roof of Potter’s Field, they are my parents at the moment.  Yes not actually my parents, but they are in charge of me currently.  So it is my responsibility to listen to Potter’s Field.  Then the two verses vary a little.  In Ephesians it says, for this is right.  In Colossians it says, for it pleases the Lord.  When I obey my parents or in this case Potter’s Field, it is pleasing to God.  God is pleased when I obey.  Also in the ten commandments a promise is involved when I obey my parents.  That my days may be long upon the earth.  It is the first commandment with a promise.  And if there is one thing  know of God and His promises is, He keeps them.  He does not turn His back on me or anyone He makes a promise with.  So if I want to be apart of God’s promises and please Him, I must obey my authority.  Today, I will listen to my authoritative figures and obey them.  If I’m told to set up Chapel chairs, I will do so.  If I’m told to get more dinner plates, I will do so.  If I’m told to change the water jug, I will do so.  I will obey my “parents” in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment