Monday, February 13, 2017

Hebrews 13:5
Wow, the conviction is real in this verse.  Let my conversation be without covetousness.  I have no clue how many times I complain to my friends about not having the newest and best thing.  Then when I see someone else have it, I get that heart attitude of, “Why do they have that.  They don’t deserve it, I do.”  For example this girl in high school had a GoPro like the new one super nice, but she literally just sits at home and does nothing all day.  I would complain with and to my friends like why does she have this camera?  It would be much better of a fit for me than her, I ride mountain bikes and could make cool videos while she just watches Netflix all day.  What a wrong attitude to have.  I’m told to be content with what I have.  I need not to be concerned on the things of others, but rather on godly things.  If God wanted to give me a GoPro, I would've had a GoPro, but instead I was festering on the inside of something that was none of my business.  Was I edifying her when I was complaining that she had a GoPro and I didn’t? No, I was tearing her down, also I was a gossip.  The verse ends with, “For He will never leave nor forsake thee.”  I was concerned about someone else being undeserving of something.  What an idiot.  If anyone didn’t deserve anything it was me and God’s grace.  I am so undeserving, but yet He decided to die for me even though I literally bring nothing to the table but constant screw ups.  Yet He will never leave me nor forsake me.  There isn’t going to be a day where I have finally reached my trillionth mistake and God is like, “Okay that’s it, I’m done with you.”  No, He will never leave nor forsake me.  In fact in 2 Corinthians 12:9 Jesus says, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”  So today I will be content with all.  When I wake up and the other dudes get a hot shower, and my shower is frigid or it doesn't have any pressure to it, I will be content.  If I get my meal last, and there is only half a scoop of eggs, or a tiny scoop of rice, I will be content.  I will do this by being joyous when all else goes wrong buy praying to the Lord for His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment