Monday, February 13, 2017

1 Timothy 6:6-8
God will provide for all our needs.  In the scriptures it mentions that God even provides for the birds of the air, so why would we be worried?  There is no reason to worry about my needs.  Verse 6 could screw some theology up and stump people into the prosperity gospel.  If I’m godly then I will receive great gain.  Then verse 8 says, that we should be content with the provisions we receive. I however really like verse 7, We can’t bring anything into or out of this world.  I can’t bring my bicycle, I can’t bring my clothes, my friends, my money, or anything.  Everything physical that I owe is vain.  It puts a prospective on things.  I need nothing in this life to be happy.  People especially back in the states talk about how money is happiness.  I however need nothing to be happy, because God will provide my needs.  Not my wants necessarily, but my needs.  I watched a documentary about minimalism and these dudes literally had like 15 physical items in their lives and they were happier than before when they had a lot of items.  I know I buy things out of impulse, when I should really just trust that God will provide my needs and I don’t need to buy anything more.  So today for my application I will find Five items that I have and that are just going to waste and purge myself of them.  Also it’s kind of tough here that I receive three meals a day, but I will fully trust in God that He will provide for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment