Friday, February 3, 2017

Luke 21:19


Jesus calls us to possess my soul in my patience.  In context Jesus talks about watching your tongue.  So Jesus tells me to have patience so I don’t get upset and lash out on others.  Patience is hard to have control over and with my own self I can’t control it.  The only way is with the help of Christ.  I know in my own life I can get upset with others that are going too slow.  Mainly other drivers on the road.  I know I’ll unfortunately get super mad and yell at the other cars even though they can’t hear me.  It’s pointless and I usually curse in the process.  The only person being affected is myself.  What’s the point of yelling at others anyway?  There is no point, even if they do hear…It’ll just make them mad too, and then it’s defiantly no help at all.  I’m called to be a witness for Christ, not for my flesh, or the world, or Satan.  If I’m upsetting others I’m not sharing Christ’s love.  So today I will practice my patience, I will pray to Christ instead of lashing out on others.  I don’t want to be a witness for my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment