Monday, February 27, 2017

Hebrews 5:8
Obedience is learned through suffering.  Obedience is learned when after you screw up and are punished you don’t want to do it anymore.  If I’m told not to steal, but I go and steal someones bicycle and am sued for it, I am not going to steal someones bicycle again.  I learned obedience from suffering the amount of money lost during the law suit.  We learn obedience as children.  When we are told not to take the cookie from the jar, but we go and take it and get paddled for it, we start the connection of obedience, we will think twice before taking that cookie again.  There is a hymn that is kind of silly due to shouting out O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E, but it is really deep at the same time.  “Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.”  Is the start of the song.  What a true statement that is.  Jesus was obedient and we want to be like Him, so when we obey, we show His character through us.  When we obey, Christ is on display.  The song goes on to say “Action is thew key do it immediately.”  This is obedience.  Obedience isn’t just listening and doing something someone tells you, but also doing it immediately.  So, today, I will practice obedience by listening to my authority immediately.  If Austin tells me to set up chapel chairs, I will do it as soon as asked even if it’s in the middle of meal time.  If Christian asks me to water the garden, I will get up and water the garden.  This goes with all my authority though, I will listen and do right away as soon as I’m asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment