Friday, February 3, 2017

Colossians 1:11
I receive strength through the power of Christ.  Strength in patience and long suffering and I receive it with joy.  Through Christ’s death and resurrection I should be joyful about waiting.  I should be joyful about others being a little slower than me.  On Agua not all of us could go the same pace, but I am joyful that yes I had to wait for a few others that we all made it and that we had to rely on the strength of Christ.  I know that we honored Jesus by doing it all for His glory, and it wasn’t in our own strength.  It was a joy watching all of us do it and get up to the top.  It was a joy seeing all the tired faces after a hard days work.  It was a joy when we found Nolan still alive.  It was a joy eating pizza and especially as a family.  It was a joy when the dogs came along with us.  As a Christian we should be joyful all the time, look at Paul’s life.  Joy also doesn't came in my own strength.  I’m not trusting in Micah for joy, I have to ask God for joy.  I may naturally not be the most sad and down person ever, but I have some sucky times and I have to rely on God for my joy.  It should be simple to have joy, after all Jesus died on the cross for me, why can’t I be happy for Him?  Today I’m going to be joyful, even if everything goes slowly around me.  I’m going to take a moment and breathe and allow the peace of God to come over me.  I will do this by allowing everyone to go ahead of me in line at all the meals.  I will be joyful while waiting and not complain about how slowly the line goes.  If the plates run out before the end I will joyfully restock them.  I can’t do this in my strength, but rather God’s so I have to rely on Him 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment