Friday, February 3, 2017

Luke 8:11-15


So in this parable, Jesus says we’re one of four of the places which the seed scattered.  Also the seed is the word of God.  The Devil can take away the word of God from me and I do not want that, I want to listen to the word of God and keep it and produce fruit.  I don’t want to be the person that hears God’s word and just completely falls away.  The second of the four received the word with joy, but they after a while fell away.  I was like this a while ago and I hope that I no longer am like this.  In junior high I would hear God’s word and love it, but then just fall away.  Number three of four was the ones that lived in the flesh.  It’s so easy to just live to please the flesh, but as Christians we’re called to be separate to the world.  We are not called to be apart of the world, we’re to be separate.  We obviously live in the world, but we shouldn’t live to please the flesh.  As humans the flesh is so easy to please, but as Christians God is easy to live for.  Or at least should be as it is our reasonable service which Paul says.  Today I will try to be the Good soil seed.  I will do this by hearing God’s word, listeng with attention.  Also I will pray before devotions that I may receive everything God has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment