Monday, February 27, 2017

Galatians 5:13
In Christ I am free.  I have different freedoms too.  I have the freedom to spoke my pipe, but I am also free to not do so.  Is smoking fulfilling my flesh, or was it serving my fellow brothers?  I don’t recall a time where it was helpful towards witnessing, nor did it build anyone up.  I am told to serve by love.  I am told not to use my liberty’s as a carnal fulfillment.  If  by smoking I am being a stumbling block, than I am not serving either.  I am not called to live in the flesh, no I am called to share the gospel.  I am called to speak His words.  I am called to serve my brother.  So if I am unable to do any of those because I am smoking and it’s distracting others, than I need to stop and grow up.  I am free to smoke, but I am free to not smoke.  I am free to not watch movies that might stumble another body member.  Or listen to music that isn’t going to edify.  I am free to do all of these, but the cooler freedom is to not do so, because of the return instead.  Yes, if I see a funny movie, I will be happy for a little bit, but if I’m out serving and just loving others, I will be joyous for even longer.  So, today I will look for freedoms that are in my life that are just filling my flesh and turn it around for the opposite.  I will pray about it and ask for God to do His work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment