Monday, February 27, 2017

1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak I became the weak.  I am not to become the even stronger.  I am to become the weak.  I am to bend down to where they are and hurt with them.  I am to be weak so God can be strong.  If someone is hurting due to a loss, I should hurt with them and comfort them.  Believer or unbeliever.  Paul finishes the verse saying, “That I might, by all means save some.”  The whole mindset I should have in this process is to lead people to Christ.  Comfort them with the gospel.  Share the love of Christ.  I am not able to do anything in my power except mess things up.  I need to not speak my words, but allow the Spirit to move and speak through me.  If someone is hurting, I need to hurt to and love them so they might come to Christ, not so I will be thanked or glorified, but so they might come to Christ.  Christ will give them rest.  I can’t provide it.  So today, I will become weak.  I will become all things to all men so I might present the gospel.  If someone is tired, I will be tired.  If someone is in need of rest, I will also be in need of rest.  I will do so by asking for a filling of the Spirit and to ask God to make me all things to all men.

No comments:

Post a Comment