Friday, January 27, 2017

Psalm 111:10
If I fear the Lord and keep His commandments I shall begin to inquire wisdom, not earthly wisdom, but Godly wisdom.  It however doesn’t mean I shall instantly inquire all wisdom, but it’s the beginning.  Godly Wisdom is what I want in my life.  Godly wisdom helps others and shows the right path.  Godly wisdom leads people to Christ.  It knows what’s evil and avoids it.  The difference between wisdom and knowledge is wisdom applies what you know, but knowledge just knows.  I need to pray for Godly wisdom and not just for knowledge.  I need not to just know what God’s word says, but I also need to use it in my life.  In order to do this though I have to pray and constantly ground myself in what God says through the scriptures.  I need to constantly pray for a filling of the Holy Spirit and attempt to apply the Word in my life, but only with the help of God.  Finally it ends with a remembrance.  His praise endureth forever.  Not my praise, not the praise of others, but His praise.  God’s praise.  In ministry it’s not about me.  If I’m serving looking for something to happen to me.  Or if I’m serving so I have others looking at me talking about how good of a person or Christian that I am…Then it’s the wrong kind of service.  True service is a heart attitude aligning with my actions all to bring the glory and praises to God my heavenly Father.  I must remember that when I am Fearing God and applying it to my life, I must remember to bring the praise to God and not puff myself up.  I must remember it’s not about me and I have to drop the pride out of my life.  I must humble myself.  I can do this by thinking of myself less than everyone else.  David calls himself a worm, but God says he was a man after His own heart.  Today I’m going to put all others before me in all areas and go through the lunch line last.

No comments:

Post a Comment