Friday, January 27, 2017

James 3:13-17


To start this IBS off I will first quote Ecclesiastes 1:18, “For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.”  Show off your wisdom, by good things or works.  Instead of bragging about head knowledge and my own brilliance, it would be more edifying to the brother and sisterhood to just help others.  Instead of puffing myself up, I need to edify others.  If I’m bitter or angry towards others, what help does that have in the body?  None, it’s going to do more to harm than to help.  My earthly knowledge is nice and all, but if it doesn’t have anything to do with God, than what place does it serve in the body?  If it doesn’t edify, does it even belong? No, it doesn’t.  All it does it cause others to be upset, and if it doesn’t edify, then it’s of the devil.  If I’m living my life causing strife than I’m doing the devils works and not God’s.  In 1 John 4:12 it says That if you hate your brother or as much as call him a fool than you are not of God.  God is love so if we don’t love we aren’t of God.  If I am given godly wisdom however than it does edify and build up the body.  I need to be in the word more and inquire more Godly wisdom so I can edify the body more.  I need to show love more and not puff myself up.  Today I will put myself below others, I will try and be in fellowship with God more by reading the bible and trying to get something out of it instead of reading just to read.  I will also be in fellowship by praying more often.  If I’m in fellowship with God then I can be in fellowship with my brothers and sisters.  If I’m not in fellowship with God, my friendships can be considered a waste, vanity of vanities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment