Friday, January 27, 2017

James 1:5


If I lack wisdom than I must pray for it to receive it.  Wisdom being applied knowledge will come through life situations to me.  If I pray for patience than I will be tested on my patience.  Perhaps with a slow driver, it may seem humorous, but it’s how God works.  The other cool thing is, if I ask for wisdom, yes, God presents it in a way that I’ll learn and apply it, but God will give me the opportunity because He is a gracious giver and won’t uphold.  I may be the biggest screw up ever, let me rephrase that.  I am the biggest screw up ever, but God will even give me the opportunity to gain Godly wisdom.  Wisdom from God is super special because it’s not a waste.  In Proverbs 2:6 It says, “For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of HIS mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.”  So I know I can only receive wisdom from Him, and I obtain this wisdom through the knowledge and understanding that He communicates unto me through His scriptures.  I can’t obtain Godly wisdom through my own understanding, my parents understanding, or my friends, but only God’s.  Solo Deos.  Wisdom is gained through life experience, like my screw ups.  Which I do, A lot, but God’s grace is bigger than my screw-ups.  In 2 Corinthians 12:9 it says, “My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”  Jesus says that He is made stronger in my weakness.  So Jesus is exalted when I screw up, because at that moment I know I can’t depend on myself.  Then and only in this moment I can obtain Godly wisdom, after I admit that I messed up and that I can’t do it on my own.  Then I can learn from my mistakes and with that knowledge I will apply it to myself and obtain God-given wisdom.  Today I will reflect on my mistakes, I will ask God to forgive me, I will ask God to help me learn from my mistakes, and I will ask Him to give me opportunities to apply it to my life.  Through all of it, God tells me I will obtain wisdom, so it’s not just a “hopefully,” but it is God’s promise to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment